January 5, 2020 5:00 pm CET
Develop yourself in Agile HR - intensive online course
Regardless if you are an agile coach, a line manager or an HR professional, you need to understand how people strategy and people operations need to change when working in a company embracing the agile value structure. How do performance management, recruitment, learning and development, compensation and benefits and the way we perform employee engagement surveys change? What are the specific skills that we need to use to run an agile transformation from a people perspective? And is there still a need to do succession planning in the future? This training leads to a Certification in Agile Talent by ICAgile
During the training we cover:
- Introduction to the agile approach and how it is related to Lean and systems thinking. Why work with agility?
- What characterizes the agile mindset and how to change the traditional HR processes when we are working with agile values?
- How should HR adapt work to create maximum value in an agile organization? How should recruitment, performance evaluations and salary discussions look like?
- What concrete examples are there? How have others done? What works?
- How can you use agile techniques like Scrum and Kanban for HR?
HR’s role in an Agile organization – Learning Outcomes
- How HR can support an agile organizational transformation: Assess the current organizational structure and design a new structure that enables business agility, maximizes communication and collaboration within and among teams and enables the flow of value.
- Goal setting and performance management in a new way: Appraise current performance management practices and identify ways of bringing Agile thinking to enhance performance, accountability and growth.
- Salaries and benefits for an agile organization: Describe and contrast traditional incentive structures with Agile-friendly structures, discuss the pros and cons of each approach and explain how they could apply them to their own environment.
- Job Roles – are they needed in the future? Develop an oganizational action plan for role modeling an agile mindset and to build new skills that will enable cross-functional teams.
- Employee engagement in an agile manner: Recommend different motivational tools to be applied in a context and describe how the traditional emloyee engagement survey is chaging.
- Talent acquisition and the candidate experience: Design a sourcing strategy that can be used to find and acquire the “right” people to support the strategic growth of the organization taking values, culture, diversity and collaboration into the hiring decision.
- Agile learning: Suggest ways to enable and support a learning mindset in a team, supporting the shift from a focus on deficiencies to a focus on development of new skills and capabilities.
- Onboarding practices for agile companies: Design an onboarding experience that enables new employees to become a part of the organization rapidly and smoothly.
- Why the agile mindset is HRs responsibility: Design the talent/people elements needed to help support an Agile transition in an organization and explain how different contexts can influence the approach to be taken.
- The needed changes in the HR core function: Relate how the need for business agility affects the HR function and organization and how it impacts HR team members’ roles and behaviors.
- Practical tools, templates and exercises for HR and managers: How an HR department can work with agile tools and methods, for example with Kanban, Sprints, Scrum and Retrospectives.
The training places great emphasis on practical examples and we will present a series of tools that you will be able to use when getting started on your own agile HR initiative. We take you through an agile HR project from setting goals and developing user stories for HR to implementing sprint planning and monitoring the sprint using Kanban.
Agile coaches, consultants, HR managers, HR Business Partners, HR professionals, line managers, operational & business managers and consulting managers in both the private and public sectors.
We have previously trained participants from SKF, SE-banken, Marginalen Bank, Nordea, Volvo, TetraPak, Tele2, IFS, If, Svevia, Helsingborg, Uppsala, Manpower, Evry, TV4, Vitrolife, Rebtel, magine, Toca Boca, Dynabyte, Södertörn University, DEK Technologies, Vasakronan, IKEA, Blue Garden, Nordic Morning, Findwise and many other companies and organizations.
Evaluation of the last completed training ended up on average 4.83 on a 5-point scale.
Your course leader and facilitator is Pia-Maria Thorén, who has 25 years of consultant experience from large Swedish and international companies within HR and leadership. She is the founder of GreenBullet and Agile People and the author of the book Agile People – A Radical Approach for HR and Managers (That Leads to Motivated Employees).
We are working with Zoom for presentations and team exercises, Trello for keeping track of the agenda items and exercises and Slack for communication between the sessions. There will be some work to be done after every session, so add about 5 hours more every week. Course litterature and material will be sent to your location or distributed digitally. The certification assignment will be accomplished in the time between the sessions so that you will be ready on the day of the last session.
During the period, you take part in 2-hour sessions 4 times / week. Totally 8 sessions:
December 26: 15.00-17.00
December 27: 15.00-17.00
December 28: 15.00-17.00
December 29: 15.00-17.00
January 2: 15.00-17.00
January 3: 15.00-17.00
January 4: 15.00-17.00
January 5: 15.00-17.00
Do I need any pre-competence?
You don't need any pre-competence of agile or HR to attend the online course. We are tailoring the course for the participants and their level.
How does the process look for this training?
The training is a copy of the physical training but we will use online tools instead of face-to-face meeting. You will need a good internet connection and an undisturbed workplace where you can have a quiet background. We will work in break-out sessions in Zoom and use Slack för communication between the instructor-led sessions, which will happen every week between 15-17 Central European Time.
All material will be shared via a Trello board and a Google drive. There will be a certification exercise that will be finalized when the training is finalized. We will let you know everything about practicalities during the first session.
Are the classes scheduled on specific days at specific times?
Yes, classes will be scheduled on specific days and time. See above what applies to this course.
After training completion, what is the process to become ICAgile Certified?
The process of certification is that you need to finalize the certification assignment, which is to describe how you would turn around HR and leadership in a company that has gone bankrupt due to not being agile enough (real case, a Swedish fashion company). When the assignment is finalized (approved with feedback from us), we will make your ICP-TAL certificate download available from ICAgile via a link.
Events cancellation policy
If you should have to cancel your registration, notification in writing should be sent to email@example.com. Please make sure you state the name of the event in the subject line of your email.
- A refund of 85% will be given for cancellations received 60 days before the start of the event
- A refund of 50% will be given for cancellations received between 59 days before 31 days to the start of the event
- A refund of 25% will be given for cancellations received between 30 days before 14 days to the start of the event
- No refund will be issued for cancellations received within 14 days of the event.
You are allowed to send a colleague.