September 24, 5:00 pm BST
Agile People Coach - An alternative Career for HR and Managers in the Future of Work
Today, 2019, the most progressive companies have removed formal managers, realizing that people are most productive, creative and happy when they have personal control over their lives and the ability to be leaders of their own destiny, private or work-related. In these organizations, everybody is expected to be a leader, so there is actually, paradoxically, a lot more leadership there.
Although the removal of the formal manager role is far from mainstream today, many organizations are experimenting with alternative structures, replacing budgets with forecasts and dynamic resource allocation, to create the best possible value. The role of managers is changing rapidly and also, the role of HR is under tremendous change, from focusing mainly on policies and processes to understanding that the future for HR lies in creating conditions for people to perform and be happy. By removing impediments, we can instead maximize engagement and employee satisfaction that will fuel speed and adaptability in a common, strategic direction.
The question is, where do managers and HR go from here? What will become of them, when everybody seems to be able to lead themselves? Will they slowly become obsolete when information and knowledge are transparent for everybody and power is not anymore in the hands of a few "talents" who were promoted because they were seen as "HIPOs" in a world where people were judged in a yearly performance review? Or is there an alternative future role that would be the natural step when leaving the process-oriented and transactional leadership style in favor of ways of working more suitable for a complex reality?
Regardless if you are an agile coach, a line manager or an HR professional, you need to understand how people strategy and people operations need to change when working in a company embracing the agile value structure.
During the Agile People Coach training we cover 3 perspectives:
Individual perspective (YOU) Knowing yourself and why you do what you do.
- The Reiss Motivation Profile (RMP) shows your basic needs and motives, and contributes to a better understanding of yourself and your leadership, and why you do what you do…
- Helping others finding their perfect place in the organization taking their personality and situation into account
Team perspective (WE IN OUR TEAM)
- How to increase the pace from immature to mature high-performing teams, using skills for communication and conflict resolution
- How to grow and develop teams to be independent and empowered to make their own decisions, for example about their contribution to the organization's goals or their salaries
Organizational perspective (ALL OF US)
- How to balance an agile culture with an agile structure, providing enough support for emerging strategies where all people are involved in setting the direction (via OKRs or other kinds of relative targets)
- How to work to change behaviors – accomplishing an agile mindset and culture through removing limiting structures (budgets linked to fixed performance targets and rewards)
- Create a Learning organization where it's ok to make mistakes and learn from them (requires a platform of Psychological Safety)
Introduction to Agile People Coaching and the four roles of a coach: Mentoring, teaching, facilitating and coaching. Self-assessment - how skilled are you in the 4 roles and where do you need to improve. What are the skills that you need to add as a regular Agile Coach, Leader or HR-person if you want to increase your agile & people skills and to be able to call yourself an Agile People Coach?
Serving the people, teams and the whole organization: The necessary mindset and types of informal leadership types that could be used to increase awareness of my own and other peoples self-leadership.
My motivation profile as a base for self-leadership and understanding what drive me and other's: Communicating with people who are different from yourself and knowing how to understand what makes other people do what they do and how they are different/similar to you
Principles and Tools to speed up the journey: An overview of principles, practices, and tools that can be used to increase the agile mindset and move faster in a common direction
Psychological Safety as a foundation for a learning organization: The importance of safe cultures for profitable and innovative organizations - increasing creativity through a fail-safe environment
Conflict resolution: Basic conflict theory and finding the right balance between harmony and creative conflict in a team or organization
Optimizing for flow: Using Value stream mapping to optimize for flow through the system and understanding the consequences of resource optimization and measuring departments against each other
Team Leadership: Understanding how a team matures and what kind of coaching technique to use in each stage of maturity - when is a team high-performing and what are the dangers that we need to look out for if teams become too strong compared to the rest of the organization?
Enterprise Coaching Part 1: Emerging strategies, new ways of working with budgets, performance and rewards and directional and relative goal setting strategies like OKRs
Enterprise Coaching Part 2: Creating conditions for a great culture where people can perform at their optimal level and feel supported and happy
Learning organizations as a Strategy: The Buddy System to increase cross-functional business collaboration
Conclusion and next steps
This highly interactive course will give you the tools and roadmap on how to grow in your Agile People skills - from building your capacity and skill in self-leadership, how to lead others at all levels in the organization and ultimately how to support and enable others to lead at all levels.
You will also be welcomed into the Agile People network.. a global network of agile professionals collaborating to promote and help modern organizations towards increased Business Agility.
Agile coaches, consultants, HR managers, HR Business Partners, HR professionals, line managers, operational & business managers and consulting managers in both the private and public sectors.
Your course leader and facilitator is Pia-Maria Thorén, who has 25 years of consultant experience from large Swedish and international companies within HR and leadership. She is the founder of GreenBullet and Agile People and the author of the book Agile People – A Radical Approach for HR and Managers (That Leads to Motivated Employees).
Events cancellation policy
If you should have to cancel your registration, notification in writing should be sent to email@example.com. Please make sure you state the name of the conference/event in the subject line of your email.
- A refund of 85% will be given for cancellations received 60 days before the start of the event
- A refund of 50% will be given for cancellations received between 59 days before 31 days to the start of the event
- A refund of 25% will be given for cancellations received between 30 days before 14 days to the start of the event
- No refund will be issued for cancellations received within 14 days of the event.
You are allowed to send a colleague.